Rane has just introduced an updated TTM56 mixer which they are dubbing the TTM56S. Don’t get too excited, there is no Serato support built in, but they did change the layout a bit in addition to the following new features:
- Universal internal power supply works anywhere you can plug into 100-240 VAC.
- All four inputs are now Phono/Line switchable – plug in 4 turntables or 4 CD players, or any combination.
- Both 1/4″ and 3.5 mm headphone jacks are now provided on the front.
- The Transform switches are now Kill switches.
- Operation is simplified by putting all the controls on top, increasing the width by one inch. Text is now readable in the dark under black light.
- The three long-lasting non-bleed magnetic faders did not change, as they are still the best in the business!
Nothing earth shattering, but I’m glad they got rid of the silly phone jack-esque power supply on the current model. I hate it!